Linkedin.com security team released a patch after receiving our DOMinatorPro Enterprise analysis report.
Update: The fix was actually faster than the fix notification. The fix was made in less than ten days.
Linkedin.com DOMXSS Full PDF Report:
New improvements make DOMinatorPro Enterprise even more powerful!
DOMinatorPro Enterprise has new and improved features that make the discovery and exploitation of such complex issues very easy:
- Third Generation Exploitability Check. DOMinatorPro Enterprise not only follows strings manipulation functions, not only checks how many times encoding or decoding functions are called, it understands which meta-characters are allowed. This makes exploitability analysis one step further.
Linkedin.com is #9 in Alexa websites ranking and has more than 300 million users (http://blog.linkedin.com/2014/04/18/the-next-three-billion/) making it the world largest professional network.
- Twitter - http://blog.mindedsecurity.com/2010/09/twitter-domxss-wrong-fix-and-something.html
- Google Plus (Google Plus One Button) - http://blog.mindedsecurity.com/2012/11/dom-xss-on-google-plus-one-button.html
- Facebook +AddThis Like Button - http://blog.mindedsecurity.com/2012/09/analysis-of-dom-xss-vulnerability-in.html
- De-anonymize user identities. By abusing a DOMXSS attackers can instantly know the identity of their web visitors if the vulnerability is affecting a website like a social media portal.
- Private information stealing. Reading information from the page of the user page and sending those to the attacker (e.g. private messages)Account Takeover. Session hijacking, credential stealing or performing actions on the behalf of the user.